JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Transitions

"In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 1: 6-8)

Transitions cause anxiety and sometimes suffering. I have known a few transitions in my life. It strikes me that whenever the Bible speaks of trials, it qualifies it with "for a little while."

Transitions test our faith. Scripture says that our faith is more precious than gold. I believe this. Offered the choice between a billion dollars and a strong robust faith, I will choose faith. If we stand firm to the end in the course of the trial, we will win and our victory will praise and glorify God.

During transitions, I remember God's promise: "I will never abandon you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31: 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2