JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hard Pressed

"Give thanks to the Lord, who is good, whose love endures forever….In danger I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is with me; I am not afraid; what can mortals do against me? ……I was hard pressed and falling, but the Lord came to my help." (Psalm 118: 1, 5-6, 13)

About ten years ago, when I was hard pressed and was in dire need of a job, money and accommodation, I confided the following to my journal:

"The Lord is good. I give Him thanks in all things and at all times. Yesterday, about 12.30 pm, Rod told me, "Obi, I have bad news. Alex and her mother are moving in. You have to move out by June 1st. They are going to pay me $400.00 a month.' I went to my room and prayed: I am hard pressed but surely the Lord will help me. He is my strength and my courage. He has been my Savior in the past. In this transition, I will trust him."

I am glad to testify that things worked out marvelously.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2