JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 09, 2009

Asking in the Name of Jesus

"Whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 13-14)

Reading my journal entry on the above scripture of ten years ago, I am amazed to see a dramatic change in the things I ask for today. In 1999, I asked for a place, financial security, a job and protection from evil. Today, I still have all these needs. But what I ask for is different. It is also short-term. At the beginning of everyday, I ask for inspiration and power that I need to meet the blessings and challenges of the day. I can date this shift from preoccupation from daily bread to spiritual bread to the third quarter of 2004 after the Men's ACTS Retreat in Dickinson. I learned from that retreat to live one day at a time. I hope that lesson is irreversible. That lesson has brought much happiness and stability to my life.

Jesus Christ answers our prayers in His name. He answers them in the fullness of His wisdom and love.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2