JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, June 19, 2009

I am with you always

"I the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world." (Matthew 28: 20)

These are the very last words of Jesus Christ to His disciples in the Gospel of Matthew. They are also the very last sentence in the entire Gospel. What a powerful promise these parting words are. How much the disciples would need these words in their subsequent struggles to build the kingdom of God. 2000 years after, we the current disciples of Jesus need these words no less than the original disciples. This promise of Jesus Christ brings to full circle the promise of God that His Son would be Emmanuel, "God with us."

What difference does this promise make to me here and now? It can only make a difference to me if I understand the spiritual meaning and appropriate the promise by an act faith. If Jesus is with me always, why do I forget this fact most of the time? How can I remember this truth most of the time? Having a credit card in your pocket does you no good unless you are aware that it is there. It is critical in life's emergencies to remember the promise of Jesus: "I the Lord, am with you always, until the end of the world." (Matthew 28: 20)

The way I try to help my memory is to type out the critical scriptures I need in emergencies and spread them out on the walls all over my apartment. In emergencies, I walk round the apartment reading the promises of God. I have found that this practice calms my anxiety and restores perspective to whatever is troubling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2