JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Father of Compassion

"Blessed be God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and God of all encouragement, who encourages us in every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God." (2 Corinthians 1: 3-4)

I am struck by two points in the above scripture:

  1. God encourages us in every single affliction. It may not seem so but that is the truth.
  2. We can only encourage others with the encouragement we have first received from the Father.

For the past many weeks, I have been enjoying the consolations of the Father in these areas:

  • Enterprise
  • Job
  • Tools

Thank you Father. Now, lead and guide me to those you want me to encourage and enable me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2