JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Few laborers, abundant harvest

"The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." (Matthew 9: 37 – 38)

The work in the kingdom is more than the available human resources to do it. Can this possibly be the way that God has configured development in the kingdom? I think of Jesus' word: "My grace is sufficient for you. For power is at full stretch in weakness." The weakness here is the few resources to accomplish the work of the kingdom. St. Paul says, "I rejoice in my weaknesses. For when I am weak and I am strong." The Church can say the same with regard to resources for the kingdom. The Church affirms through liturgical prayers that God provides His flock whatever they need. God is our Shepherd, we have everything we need. We also ask God everyday to "Give us this day our daily bread."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2