JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 08, 2010

Powerful Providence

"I am your brother Joseph whom you sold into Egypt. But now, do not grieve, do not reproach yourselves for having sold me here, since God sent me before you to preserve your lives." (Genesis 45: 4-5)

Jesus is a type of Joseph. Anybody who has experienced persecution is a type of Joseph. The brothers of Joseph intended evil but God's providence prevailed in favor of Joseph. The enemies of Jesus who crucified Him intended a final solution for Him but God raised Jesus to life and His Church bears witness to that truth today.

Those who dealt with me at CAUN intended suffering and hardship for me, but God had other plans.

"Everything becomes bread to nourish me, soap to cleanse me, fire to purify me. Everything is a means of grace for my necessities. The very thing that I seek everywhere else seeks me incessantly and gives itself to me by the hand of all creatures." Self-Abandonment to Divine Providence, Father Jean-Pierre Caussade, S.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2