JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The splendor of creation

"God our Father, open our eyes to see your hand at work in the splendor of creation, in the beauty of human life. Touched by your hand our world is holy. Help us to cherish the gifts that surround us, to share our blessings with our brothers and sisters and to experience the joy of life in your presence…." (Prayer on the 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time)

Where do I enjoy the splendor of creation? A couple of times in a year, I go to the Hermann Park in Houston near the Texas Medical Center and enjoy some hours relishing the splendor of creation. I thank God for the gift and the opportunity. My bedroom from where I work faces the east and right across is the Early Childhood Center. I do not how many times I had gasped at watching the sun rise. I have enjoyed walks round the Early Childhood Center in the early hours of the morning and have seen early birds like myself chirping happily. From the above prayer, it is obvious that God wants us to enjoy the beauty of creation and to see His hands in it.

Where can we experience and enjoy life in the presence of God if not in the Eucharist and before the Blessed Sacrament? We thank God for the faith He has given us in the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist and the Blessed Sacrament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2