JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 01, 2010

When I am afraid 2

When I am afraid


 

"Master, do you not care? We are going down! And he woke up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, 'Quiet now! Be calm!' And the wind dropped, and all was calm again. Then he said to them, 'Why are you so frightened? How is it that you have no faith?" (Mark 4: 39 – 40)


 

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you,

In God, whose word I praise,

In God I put my trust and have no fear,

What power has human strength over me?" (Psalm 56: 3 -4)


 

"God is our refuge and strength,

A very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth

Should change,

Though the mountains shake in the heart of the

Sea;

Though its waters roar and foam,

Though the mountains tremble with its tumult." (Psalm 46: 1 – 3)


 

"Therefore let all who are faithful

Offer prayer to you;

At a time of distress, the rush of mighty waters

Shall not reach them.

You are a hiding place for me;

You preserve me from trouble;

You surround me with glad cries of deliverance." (Psalm 32: 6 – 7)


 

"The Lord is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the stronghold of my life;

Of whom shall I be afraid?

When evildoers assail me

To devour my flesh –

My adversaries and foes –

They shall stumble and fall.

Though an army encamps against me,

My heart shall not fear;

Though war rise up against me,

Yet I will be confident." (Psalm 27: 1 – 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2