JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Spirit in Daniel

“Daniel, renamed Balteshazzar after my own god, and in whom the spirit of the holy gods resides, then came into my presence. I told him my dream:
‘Balteshazzar, chief of magicians,’ I said, ‘I know that the spirit of the holy gods resides in you and that no mystery puts you at a loss. This is the dream I have had; tell me what it means.” (Daniel 4: 5-6)
It seems that everybody in Babylon knew that the Spirit resides in Daniel. Even King Nebuchadnezzar was aware of it. How did they know, I have often wondered?
Daniel even in exile lived like a servant of God. He said his prayers at the stipulated times and did all the devotions he was required to make. Conditions of exile could have been enough reason to skip some of his religious practices, but Daniel did not fall for such cheap bait. He was faithful. He was a worshiper of the true God in spirit and in truth. A tiger does not go about shouting his tigritude. He walks about naturally and people know. When one is filled with the Holy Spirit, people also know. They know from the demonstrations of the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit in his life. Daniel was a type of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2