JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Man does not live on bread alone

“Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4: 4)
The retreat director asked the retreatants to share some of the blessings in their lives in 2010. The retreat was held at The Holy Name Retreat Center in January 2010. I raised my hand and said: “2010 was probably the most difficult year in my business. I made about 40% less that I normally make. Yet, the Lord chose this year to wipe out my debts and gave me a new car and a new computer. He did this to show me that “Man does not live on bread alone. There is live for him in every word that comes from the mouth of God.” I was surprised to hear myself add Matthew 4:4 to my testimony of God’s blessings in 2010.
Ever since that retreat day, my mind has come back to Matthew 4:4 wondering what exactly this scripture means for me. I got the answer today:
Only God knows the deepest needs of the human heart. Only God knows best how to fulfill those needs. In 2010, God knows my deepest needs. He is always able to and willing to meet our needs. He met mine at His own time and in His own Way. The experience boosted my faith enormously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2