JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lying to the Holy Spirit

“Peter said, ‘Ananias, how can Satan have so possessed you that you should lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land?”
Is lying to the Church the same thing as lying to the Holy Spirit? This is what Peter is saying in the above scripture. Listen to another scripture:
“Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.” (Luke 10: 16)
Another scripture with a similar meaning is this:
“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.” (Acts 9: 4-5)
The three scriptures refer to one thing: the Mystical Body of Christ. Paul wrote that the union of Jesus with His Church is one big mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2