JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Abound in love

“And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.”

Love abounding more and more with knowledge and discernment – we are talking about the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit pours love into our hearts and teaches us how to love with the love of Jesus Christ. For love to abound in our hearts, we must grow in the Holy Spirit. St. Paul is praying for the Philippians to abound in love with knowledge and discernment. This prayer is also for me and for you. If I abound in love with knowledge and discernment, then I am equipped for my ministry.

“I have chosen you from the world to go and bear fruit that will last.” (John 15: 16, 19)

“I will bear a witness to you in the world, O Lord. I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers, Alleluia.” (Psalm 17: 50; 21: 23)

The 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit are:(CCC #1831)

Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Fortitude
Knowledge
Piety
Fear of the Lord
What are the 12 fruits of the Holy Spirit? (CCC #1832)

Charity
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Generosity
Gentleness
Faithfulness
Modesty
Self-control
Chastity

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2