JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Wedding Supper of the Lamb


“Father, you never fail to give us the food of life.  May this Eucharist renew our strength and bring us to salvation.  Grant this through Christ our Lord.”  (Prayer after Communion, Wednesday First Week in Lent)

The Eucharist is a sign of God’s faithful provision.  “Man does not live on bread alone.”  (Matthew 4:4)  It is also a mark of His abundance.  It is the Bread that never gets exhausted.  “"All you who are thirsty, come to the water! You who have no money, come, buy grain and eat; Come, buy grain without money, wine and milk without cost!" (Isaiah 55:1)

"Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)       
                                                                                                                                                              
Jesus Christ who is our security and our stability uses the Eucharist to strengthen us. 

The Eucharist is the sign of the New Covenant.  He fulfils His age old promise by giving us the Eucharist.  " Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.” 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.k " (Luke 22: 19-20)

God declares blessed everyone who is invited to the Wedding Supper of the Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2