JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Destiny 2


“But my trust is in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.”  In your hands is my destiny; rescue me from the clutches of my enemies and my persecutors.”  (Psalm 31: 15-16)

My destiny is in your hands O Lord.  Thank you Lord for this.  This truth tells me that the clutches of my enemies and persecutors cannot touch me unless God permits it.  If God is for me, who can be against me?  Nobody!  The Lord is my light and my salvation.  Whom can I fear?  Nobody!

The word of God is filled with healing truths about God and His powerful and loving providence over us.  I read of these scriptures everyday for many years now.  I believe what I read.  I teach what I believe.  But I do not always practice what I teach.  When my faith is tested, I fail many times.  I say to myself:  “If only I remember these scriptures at the crucial moment, I could do better in the inevitable trials of life.”  Sometimes things happen so fast that before you know that a trial is a test, you have failed.  This may be why the Psalmist cried out: “Hide your word in my heart so that I may not sin against you.”  If the word is on your heart and on your lips, you will remember it at the moment of need.

No matter whether you pass or fail the test, it is still true that “All things work together for good to those who love God.”  (Romans 8: 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2