JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God's time of favor2


"Thus says the LORD: In a time of favor I answer you, on the day of salvation I help you; I form you and set you as a covenant for the people, To restore the land and allot the devastated heritages " (Isaiah 49:8)
Wait for God’s time of favor.  Waiting is critical to possessing the promise.
Waiting for the Lord
 “I wait for the LORD, my soul waits and I hope for his word. My soul looks for the Lord more than sentinels for daybreak. More than sentinels for daybreak," (Psalm 130: 5 - 6)
How long must we wait for the Lord to answer our prayer?  The scriptures below are very revealing.  In summary, they say that we wait until the Lord answers.
a.   Wait for the Lord (Psalm 27: 14; 37:34)
b.   Wait patiently for him (Psalm 37: 7)
c.    I wait for you (Psalm 25: 21)
d.   For you I wait all day (Psalm 25: 5);
e.   I wait for the Lord more than a watchman wait for the morning (Psalm 130: 5-6);
f.     I wait for God my savior (Micah 7:7)
g.    I wait patiently for the Lord (Psalm 40: 1)
h.   I wait in silence for God (Psalm 62: 1, 5)
i.     We wait for you (Isaiah 26: 8, 33: 2)
j.    Those who wait for the Lord renew their strength (Isaiah 40: 31)
k.    Those who wait for the Lord will inherit the land (Psalm 37: 9)
l.     Blessed are those who wait for him (Isaiah 30: 18)
m.  May those who wait for you not be ashamed through me (Psalm 69:6)
n.   This is our God for whom we have waited (Isaiah 25:9)
o.   The Lord is good to those who wait for him (Lamentation 3: 25)
p.   Be like men waiting for their Master (Luke 12: 36)
q.   Saul was told to wait 7 days for Samuel (1 Samuel 10: 8; 13:8)
r.    David will wait until word came (2 Samuel 15; 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2