JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Mediator


"On that day you will ask in my name, and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you.
For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God."  (John 16: 26 - 27)

Prayer should be in the name of Jesus for He is our Mediator and Intercessor.  In the past few weeks, the Gospel readings at daily Mass have been taken largely from St. John's Gospel.  We read again and again Jesus urging us to ask in His name and we shall receive.  The promise today goes one step further.  The engaged disciple is now no longer a baby.  He loves Jesus.  This love is evidence of the Holy Spirit who has made a home in the disciple's heart.  This disciple starts to enjoy the full benefits of his love for Jesus.  Jesus knows his needs and takes them to the Father and the Father graciously obliges.  Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2