JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Lord has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes


"When Israel was a child I loved him,
out of Egypt I called my son.
The more I called them,
the farther they went from me,
Sacrificing to the Baals
and burning incense to idols.
Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk,
who took them in my arms;
but they did not know that I cared for them."  (Hosea 11: 1-3)

In the above scripture, the message could be:  God does all the work.  Baal takes all the credit.  How said!   The New American Bible titles the above scripture - 'The Disappointment of a parent.'  Mother and Father do all the work and the credit goes to an unknown friend of the child.  One important lesson I learned about the Holy Spirit is that He reminds us the marvelous things that God is doing in our lives.  Without this constant reminding, it is impossible to know.  If if you do not know, how can you give thanks?

Lord thank you for the Holy Spirit who reminds me of the wonderful things you do for me. (Psalm 118: 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2