JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I forgive you because you asked me


"At that, the servant fell down, did him homage, and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back in full.’
Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and forgave him the loan."  (Matthew 18: 26 - 27)

"His master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to.
Should you not have had pity on your fellow servant, as I had pity on you?" (Matthew 18:  32 - 33)

The servant was forgiven all his debt "because you begged me to."  I was struck by this.  The size of his debt, duration of his debt, how and why he incurred the debt, do not appear to be factors in the forgiveness.  Only one thing matters:  the servant fell down and asked to be given time to repay the debt.  But the Lord was gracious and forgave the servant the entire huge debt.  When we take one step to the Lord, He takes ten steps towards us.

This parable should be a source of encouragement to anybody who has need of freedom from any debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2