JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Lord, please see the faith of my prayer partners


"When he saw their faith, he said, “As for you, your sins are forgiven.” ( Luke 5: 20)

When Jesus saw the faith of the paralytic man and the people that brought him to Jesus, he said,  “As for you, your sins are forgiven.”

What is paralyzing you today?  Health, family problems, money, job, tools, food or your future?  It occurs to me that like the paralytic, we need faith partners to take us to Jesus.  While on this thought, I discerned that the Communion of the Saints offers us many powerful faith partners.  "I believe in the Communion of the Saints." This is part of the creed we recite every Sunday.

The Communion of the Saints is made of of the Church Triumphant.  These are the saints in Heaven.  The Church suffering are the holy ones in purgatory undergoing purification before they are admitted to heaven.  The Church on earth is the Church militant.  We are on pilgrimage, which involves continual warfare.  All the three groups of the Church are family.  There is an mutual and continuous interchange of goods between us.

In my prayer this morning on Luke 5: 20, I asked my faith partners, mostly the saints in heaven to carry my needs and prayers to Jesus.  Some of my patron saints in heaven are:  The Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, Saints Peter and Paul, St. John the Baptist, St. John the Evangelist, St. Augustine, St. Therese Lisieux, St. Martin de Porres and others.
After making this prayer, my hope, that is my confident expectation of an answer to my prayer was raised.  Why?  Because I know for certain that Jesus will see the faith of these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2