JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Give us today our daily bread


"Give us today our daily bread."  (Matthew 6: 11)

Father, your Son gave us the great prayer,  Our Father.  I wonder how many times  this prayer is said everyday by people all over the world.  I would imagine a couple of billions of times.   I know that I say it at least twenty times a day.  The more I say this prayer, the more I come to love and to depend on it.  This prayer is part of the Gospel of today that is read everywhere in the world.

As I seek to understand more your plan for providing my needs, I am struck by this verse more than in the past.  "Give us today our daily bread."  (Matthew 6: 11)  I know that you hear prayers.  I know too that your word is true and infallible.  Help me to trust you completely for the provision of my needs.  Help me also to understand that "Man does not live on bread alone."  (Matthew 4: 4).  Your mighty and loving providence knows what we need and provides them as needed.  Thank you Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2