JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

We are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us."  (Hebrews 12: 1)

Every crisis is a trial of faith:  to trust God or not to trust Him.  Every saint living and in Heaven has been tried by fire.  So we have a cloud of witness in the Communion of  Saints cheering us.  We should ask for their help.  They had gone through their  own ordeal by fire and emerged victorious.  They witness to God's faithfulness.

The Enterprise is a Journey of faith.  What do I bring along?  What must I leave behind?  What has become an encumbrance or a distraction during the Journey?   Consider the following:  Heath, Family, Money, Job, Tools, Food, Future?  Has any or  some of these developed into an oppressive and demanding comfort zones?  What can I learn from the present trial?  Rid yourself of every burden and sin that clings.  It is too easy to form habits especially habits of comfort.  Some people cling to their guns.  Others cling to their gyms.  What do I cling to?

I must be patient and steadfast in the race that God has appointed for me in this trial. It is my race.  I have all the resources to win.  There will be no reason for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2