JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Why are you troubled?


"Then he said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts?
 Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.” (Luke 24: 38 - 39)

How real are our fears, worries and doubts?  Jesus knows every one of them.  He knows how fanciful and vain they are.  Therefore, He tells us:
"Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.
Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4: 6 - 7)

To dispel the fears and anxieties of His disciples, Jesus invites them to look at His hands and feet and touch Him.  I cannot look at the hands and feet of Jesus and neither can I touch Him physically.  What can I look at here and now that will convince me that Christ is risen indeed and is truly alive?  I can look at His Body, the Church.  The Church is the Body of Christ, of which He is the head.  His Body is very much alive and His members of which I am one are everywhere. Always and everywhere in the world, His members are gathered now in worship, prayer, corporate and spiritual works of mercy.  Wherever two or three are gathered in the name of Jesus, Jesus is present there.  Wherever a cup of cold water is given to the thirsty today or bread is given to the hungry, it is Jesus Himself doing the giving through His members.

Lord Jesus, open my eyes today to see you in your members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2