JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, October 07, 2013

Mercy is the essential attribute of God

"Jonah prayed to the LORD, his God, from the belly of the fish:
Out of my distress I called to the LORD,
and he answered me;
From the womb of Sheol I cried for help,
and you heard my voice."  (Jonah 2: 2-3)

When Jonah found himself in great distress in the belly of the fish, he cried out to God in prayer.  The Lord heard his cries and delivered him from the pit. This pattern repeats throughout  scripture.  It is the cycle of the 3 S: Sin, Suffering and Salvation.  This pattern would be impossible but for the character of God.  Mercy defines the heart of God. Scripture urges us to approach the throne of grace with confidence in order to obtain mercy at our times of need.

I can bear witness to this truth that at my times of need, when I cry out to God in prayer, He always answers with His merciful deliverance.  Thank you Father for your merciful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2