JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Why are you terrified?

"Jesus was in the stern, asleep on a cushion. They woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?”
He woke up, rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Quiet! Be still! The wind ceased and there was great calm."
"Then he asked them, “Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?”
 (Mark 4: 38 - 40)

Lord Jesus, You ask me:  “Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?”
Lord, when I face troubling situations with regard to family, health, finances, job, tools and property, food and future, I am terrified because my faith is very small.  I know You are God and present everywhere.  But I still wonder whether You will leave me to sort out things by myself. This is why I am terrified.  If only I can believe Your promise that You will never fail me; You will never forsake me.  Lord, if You strengthen my faith in Your promises, I will no longer be terrified.

Lord Jesus, increase my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2