JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 03, 2014

Tested by fire

"In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."  (1 Peter 1: 6 - 7)

The Transition is a trial by fire.  1 Peter 1: 6-7 reminds me that the duration of the tribulation is for a short period.  Although I may not see it so, because in the heat of the moment, I imagine that the testing has been going on for  20 years.  Whatever is the duration in chronological terms is irrelevant.  What is important is what scriptures says of it:  "a little while."  Scripture measures the duration in the light of eternity which is endless.  And eternal will be he weight of glory that comes from this momentary testing of the genuineness of my faith.

Faith that is not confirmed by fire is no faith.  The  fire removes the perishable dross and leaves behind the genuine article which is a great currency.  Lord Jesus, as you try me by fire, do remember my fragility, O Lord.

The Lord will remember His covenant forever.  I will rejoice in the mercy of my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2