JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tested by fire

"In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."  (1 Peter 1: 6 - 7)

Endure your trials as discipline.  (Hebrews 12: 7)

What wonderful truths to contemplate on Divine Mercy Sunday.   My faith is being tried in the crucible of fire.   God is most merciful and loving.  The purpose of the testing is not to prove me a failure.  Just as God does not rejoice in the destruction of a wicked man, so does He not want the failure of His children. In my trials, scripture encourages me with these words:

"Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials,
for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."  (James 1: 2 - 4)

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, you are the most merciful.  Grant me the grace to persevere to the end.  You are the One Thing Necessary.  At the end of my testing, may you become all that I need.  May I say:  Jesus Christ has truly become my Good Shepherd.  I have everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2