JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Lord, I want to see


"What do you want me to do for you?' The blind man said to him, 'Rabbuni, let me see again'" (Mark 10:51)New Jerusalem Bible

Suppose Jesus asks you: "What do you want me to do for you?" How would you reply?   If I sense Jesus asking me the question,  my answer would depend on my circumstances.  In periods of ill-health, I want instant healing. When my car is in deep trouble, I desire a new car.   Jesus complained to St Maria Faustina that our desires are too petty and always  circumstantial.   Bartimaeus wanted to see people and God’s beautiful creation.   Jesus praised his faith.

When God asked Solomon what he wanted most, Solomon's request pleased God. Why? Because the king had asked for wisdom -- not for his own benefit, but so he could rule Israel according to God's purpose. God wants us to choose wisely and in accordance with His will. In the Lord's prayer, Jesus taught us what to pray for. God's will is paramount. He showed an example in Gethsemane when in terrible anguish, he groaned: "My Father,..not what I want but what you want" (Matthew 26:39)

Bartimaeus' prayer brought him physical and spiritual vision. Jesus always gives more than we ask for. He wants us to pray with confidence for all our needs, but he also desires we place spiritual well-being above material comfort. The world needs people with spiritual vision. "Without vision the people perish" (Proverbs 29: 18). The prophet Hosea writes: "My people perish for want of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6) May God help us to pray with Bartimaeus: Lord, that we may see!

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2