JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Your cross is tailor-made to fit your person.

“If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me]."  (Mark 8: 34 AMP)

This sounds impossible and insane until you remember that there is a great cloud of witnesses that have done it.   (Hebrews 12: 1)  Jesus Himself is the Author and Finisher of our faith and would not ask us what He did not experience.  (Hebrews 12: 2)

Whatever your cross, you may not have chosen it.  Know with absolute certainty that it was tailor-made for you by One who knows you perfectly.   You have tried and found that you cannot come down from that cross.

I say this prayer every morning and it helps me to carry my daily crosses:

O God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can.  And the wisdom to know the difference.

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2