JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Pray for your enemies and those who persecute you.

"Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you."  (Matthew 5: 44 RM)

How do you love those who persecute you? By praying for them. Every day. Prayer is the greatest gift one friend can give to another. 

Once upon a time, I got a subsidized loan from the company I worked for to build a home.  I had no experience with contractors. The contractor disappeared with the money I gave him to build the house.  What must I do? Find him and lock him up? Sue him? A tiny voice said to me:  "Pray for him. Forget him. I will help you."   I finished the house on time.

I experienced these blessings for obeying the spiritual law of praying for the contractor who caused me immense pain:
1.  Money flowed to me from unexpected sources.
2.  I got a better and more experienced contractor.
3.  I had peace and learned a great lesson which served me well in the future.

Three years after I finished the house, three senior managers colluded against me and got me fired.  When this happened, I had the home but was penniless because I invested every penny in the house.  Again temptation:  Sue the men, sue the company.  I remembered the lesson from the contractor.  I prayed for the men by name every day for five years before the pain went away. I added this lesson to the previous lesson.

On Day 11 of 40 of Lent 2017, the word of God says to us: "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect."  (Matthew 5: 48)

Glory to You Lord Jesus Christ, Wisdom of God the Father.

Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2