JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

When I am lifted up, I will draw everyone to Myself.

"We should glory in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ in whom is our salvation, life and resurrection,
through whom we are saved and delivered."  (Cf Galatians 6: 14).

Glorifying in the Cross? Glorifying in humiliation, suffering and pain? Really? Then tell me to glorify in Hurricane Irma and Harvey!!
That is the point.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways—oracle of the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  (Isaiah 55: 8 - 9).

"And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”  (John 12: 32).

"We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you, because by your Cross you have redeemed the world."  (Gospel Acclamation, Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross).

"O God, who willed that your Only Begotten Son should undergo the Cross to save the human race,
grant, we pray, that we, who have known his mystery on earth,
may merit the grace of his redemption in heaven.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever."  (Collect on the Feast of the Exultation of the Cross, Thursday, September 14th).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2