JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

My thoughts are not your thoughts nor are My ways your ways.

"These last ones worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who bore the day’s burden and the heat."  (Matthew 20: 12).

The Lord paid exactly the same wage to workers who worked from 4 pm to 5 pm as those who worked from 9 am to 5 pm. If you are one of those who sweated for 8 hours, would you be aggrieved? I certainly would.

Jesus answered us:
"Am I not free to do as I wish with my own money? Are you envious because I am generous?’ Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last.”  (Matthew 20:  15 - 16).

This calls for a sombre reflection on divine logic. The answer to this puzzle is started in the first reading today from Isaiah:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways—oracle of the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  (Isaiah 55: 8 - 9).

The Divine Providence is inscrutable and yet fair and just. Consider the following:
#1. Jesus came and founded one Church. Yet His holy will allowed the Church to be splintered into thousands of factions.
#2.  Six centuries after the beginning of Christianity, Mohammed came along, founded Islam and destroyed Christianity in North Africa, Middle East and other areas. God permitted it.
#3. Why did God allow Hitler to commit the Holocaust?
#4. Why did Hurricane Harvey, Irma, Maria, earthquakes happen?
#5. Why did God permit His only Son, Jesus who is completely sinless to be hated without cause, then tortured and crucified?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways."  (Isaiah 55: 8).

"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose."  (Romans 8: 28).

There will be no answers for you if you do not love God. So if you want to understand, you must believe.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2