JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

How David vanquished Goliath.

“My lord should not lose heart. Let your servant go and fight this Philistine.” (1 Samuel 17: 32).

The above verse set the stage for the epic battle between David and Goliath.  David was certainly inspired by God to take up this mission.  Note David's reply when Saul tried to dismiss what seemed to him as childish presumption.

“The same Lord who delivered me from the claws of the lion and the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul answered David, “Go! the Lord will be with you.” (1 Samuel 17: 37).

Remember all that God has done for you. Your religious experiences are valid and gifts from God. The memory and remembrance will be gold mine for you in future battles.

As the two men joined battle, David said:  “You come against me with sword and spear and scimitar, but I come against you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have insulted."  (1 Samuel 17: 45).

What is in the Name of God, in the Name of Jesus?
#1 Presence of Jesus
#2 Power of Jesus
#3 Person of Jesus

Know who you are. Know who is on your side.  "If God is for us, who can be against us?"  (Romans 8: 31). I call this Checkmate!

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war;
My safeguard and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer,
My shield, in whom I take refuge,
who subdues peoples under me."  (Psalm 144: 1 - 2).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2