JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 05, 2018

I forgave you everything because you begged Me.

"I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to." (Matthew 18:  32).

"Be patient with me, and I will pay you back in full.’  Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and forgave him the loan."  (Matthew 18: 26 - 27).

This servant certainly knew how to beg for relief. He knelt down and asked his Lord.  He knew something else for which we commend him.  He knew his master was compassionate and kindly.  How much do we know the Heart of Jesus?  The Sacred Heart waiting for us to come and to shower us with His forgiveness and love.

"Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and forgave him the loan." (Matthew 18: 27).

The master forgave him everything.  Not 50%. Not 90%.  But everything.

"You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to.  Should you not have had pity on your fellow servant, as I had pity on you?’ (Matthew 18: 32 - 33).

Do not miss this: "I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to." Asking for forgiveness is very important.

Look! This unforgiving servant is me and you. Consider how much God has forgiven us throughout our lives.  Not 77 times. But each and every time we approach Him with a repentant heart.

Remember the ABC of Mercy? 
A.  Ask for Mercy. 
B.  Be Merciful. 
C.  Completely trust Jesus for Mercy.

Do this and you will never have to fear this:
"So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from his heart.”  (Matthew 18: 35).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2