JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

I tell you the truth: No Cross, No Crown.

"Jesus said to his disciples: “Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy."  (John 16: 20).

Do not even look at the world as they are engaged in their ecstatic show of joy. I tell you the truth, it is all show.  I promise that you will experience the true and lasting joy. He who laughs last, laughs best.

"When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived; but when she has given birth to a child, she no longer remembers the pain because of her joy that a child has been born into the world."  (John 16:  21).

How many times will I tell you that it is My Father's gracious will that the Cross will precede the Crown.  Let the story of pregnancy teach you this lesson.  I tell you the truth, nobody can change this order.

"Christ had to suffer and to rise from the dead, and so enter into his glory."  (Cf Luke 24: 46, 26)
The Cross is a divine necessity.

"No one will take your joy away from you."  (John 16: 22).
You can trust My word.

"Hear our prayers, O Lord, so that what was promised by the sanctifying power of your Word may everywhere be accomplished through the working of the Gospel and that all your adopted children may attain what the testimony of truth has foretold.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son. Amen."  (Collect Friday, May 11th, 6th Week of Easter).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2