JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Do not be afraid Bros.

Do not be afraid

“They had rowed three or four miles when they saw Jesus walking on the lake and coming towards the boat.  This frightened them, but he said, ‘It is I.  Do not be afraid.”  (John 6: 19 – 20)

Jesus is in every event in my life.  He is saying to me here:  ‘Do not be afraid.  I am present.’  How can I make this truth serve me everyday?  In the midst of the hot events of my life, how can I call to mind the sure presence of Jesus?  One way is to cultivate the presence of Jesus through the Jesus prayer.  Jesus!

Lord Jesus, I believe you are present in my life through the Holy Spirit.  I thank you for the peace and tranquility that is your gift.  Sometimes I forget about your presence and become anxious and afraid.  I feel that I am in control of events and I feel so inadequate.  Lord teach me to live in your presence every moment of my life.  “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you, in God, whose word I praise, in God I put my trust and have no fear, what power has human strength over me?”  (Psalm 56: 3-4)

In order to live constantly in the presence of Jesus, I will immerse myself in the words of Jesus and say the Jesus prayer.

“It is I.  Do not be afraid.”

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2