JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Why do you refuse to follow Me?

“You are lacking in one thing. Go, sell what you have, and give to [the] poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.”  (Mark 10: 21).

The young man who asked Jesus,
“Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”  (Mark 10: 17) is too attached to the wealth he worked hard to accumulate. He had no faith and could not believe that He who asked him to follow him gave him the power to accumulate all his wealth and could do more for him.

What is your principal attachment?
Money, family, job, easy life? Do you believe Jesus when He says: Come follow Me and you will have treasure in heaven?  Or?  "At that statement his face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions."  (Mark 10: 22).

The antidote to attachment, hoarding and fear of poverty is total surrender of your All to Jesus.  Trust Jesus completely. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it.

"The Lord became my protector.
He brought me out to a place of freedom; he saved me because he delighted in me."  (Cf. Psalm 17: 19-20).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2