JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, July 23, 2018

Who is my mother?

“Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”  And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.  For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.”  (Matthew 12: 48 - 50).

"Who is my mother?"  My mother is she who does the will of God.
Who are my brothers and sisters?
My brothers and sisters are they who do the will of God.

What does it mean to do the will of God? What does Scripture say?
The Bible is full of passages on the importance and benefits of doing the will of God.  (Matthew 6: 10, Matthew 7: 21, James 1: 22, Romans 12: 2, Hebrews 10: 36, 1 John 2: 3 - 6, etc.).

The will of God is the Law of God, His Commandments and all that He has decreed. This Law is written first in the Decalogue (the Ten Commandments), in the entire Bible and in the consciences of men and women of good will everywhere.  He who observes this Law is the true brother of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit who is in every true believer helps us to observe this Law and qualifies us as the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2