JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 22, 2018

God enters into trial with His people.

"For the Lord has a case against his people; he enters into trial with Israel.  (Micah 6: 2).

Every once in a while in the Journey of Faith of Israel, we see the situation we have in today's Scripture from Prophet Micah.  God has entered into litigation with His people Israel. God is both Prosecutor and Judge.  First, God lays down His case.

"My people, what have I done to you? how have I wearied you? Answer me! I brought you up from the land of Egypt, from the place of slavery I ransomed you; And I sent before you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam."  (Micah 6: 3 - 4).

How would you answer the above charges?  Like David? "Have mercy on me God. I have sinned." (Cf Psalm 51: 1).   Or like Saul?  "But I did obey the LORD." Saul said."

Obedience to His will is not a complicated matter.

"You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do justice and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God."  (Micah 6:  8).

And one more thing:
"He that offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies me; and to him that goes the right way I will show the salvation of God.”  (Psalm 50: 23).

This is why David is a man after God's Heart.  (1 Samuel 13: 14;  Acts 13: 22).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2