JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I forgave you your entire debt because you begged Me.

"The servant fell down, did him  homage, and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back in full.’  Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and forgave him the loan."  (Matthew 18: 26 - 27).

The above verses are from the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant.
Jesus taught us in the Lord's Prayer: Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." (Matthew 6: 12).

Forgiveness or Mercy is at heart of the Gospel.  Not only did Jesus teach this message every opportunity but He demonstrated it practically from the Cross.  He forgave the Good Thief.  And while still experiencing the terrible agony of the Cross, He forgave everyone who played a part to place Him on the Cross including yourself and me.

Some people think that to forgive a grievous offense is so hard. Perhaps it is.  Can you try this prayer every morning?
"Father, forgive all my sins.  I forgive completely everyone who has ever offended me.  I pray you grant the grace to all those I have ever offended to forgive me and release me from their anger. I ask for this in the Name of Your Son Jesus who commands us to forgive."

"You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to."  (Matthew 18: 32).

Remember the ABC of Mercy:
Ask for Mercy.
Be Merciful.
Completely trust Jesus for Mercy.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2