JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, October 01, 2018

The Friend always at your side.

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father." (Matthew 18: 10).

With these words, our Lord  confirms the existence of the Guardian Angels (GA). The Guardian Angels are part of the rich heritage of our faith tradition.  There are some Christian ecclesial communities who believe that angels and saints are distraction from the purity of their faith.  Only Jesus!

The Church believes and teaches that God in His unfathomable providence gives us holy Angels to guard and protect us.  How fortunate has been my destiny to have learned about the Guardian Angels from my early years and to have bonded with my GA throughout my life.  I invoke him in the morning when and at night when I am ready to go to bed.

Today is the feast of the Guardian Angels .

"Angels of the Lord, bless the Lord, praise and exalt him above all for ever."  (Cf Daniel 3: 58).

One of the great things the Guardian Angels do for you and for me apart from protection is intercession.  They intercede for us continually before the Throne of Mercy.  We owe a great debt of gratitude to our GA for this ministry.

"Bless the Lord, all you his hosts, his ministers who carry out his will."  (Psalm 103: 21).

King David who is always exuberant sings:
"I thank you, Lord, with all my heart; in the presence of the angels to you I sing."  (Psalm 138: 1).

Honor your Guardian Angel today and every day.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2