JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, November 09, 2018

If you know these truths about money, you will be blessed.

"No servant can serve two masters.
He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other.
You cannot serve God and mammon.”  (Luke 16:  13).

I need to hear the deep truths of the first Reading and the Gospel of today on money on my knees every day.  May God give us spiritual understanding and faith in these great teachings.  Help us to stand firm in these truths O Lord so that we may
know the protection of lasting peace.

Are you worried about money? Most of us are.  For many, money means security.  A word of wisdom says that "Man's security is Satan's opportunity."
Your extremity about money, not anxiety may often be God's opportunity to penetrate your mind and heart with healing truths on God's plan for your provision.

Whatever your life situation brothers and sisters, "Keep your lives free from love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, 'I will never leave you, I will never abandon you'" (Hebrews 13:5).

For years, I have made the Scripture below my shortcut to the good life promised by Jesus in John 10: 10.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."  (Matthew 6: 33).

The appropriation of the divine promise in Matthew 6: 33 depends on obedience to the command in Matthew 6: 34.

"Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil." (Matthew 6: 34).

God can never supply you the bread you will eat on November 10, 2020 today because you ask and are very anxious about it.

Even the great Teacher and Apostle Paul had to learn a few lessons on God's radical faithfulness in providing our needs:
"I have learned, in whatever situation I find myself, to be self-sufficient. I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances.  I know also how to live with abundance."
(Philippians 4: 12).

In a few words, that is the lesson of Times and Seasons in God's order and governance of the world.
"In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in need."   (Philippians 4: 12).

When you have learned the lesson well, you can dance for joy and exclaim:
"I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me."  (Philippians 4:   13).

Today is the Feast of a giant amongst priests:  St Leo the Great - Pope, Church Father and Doctor of the Church.
St Leo pray for us.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2