JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Is the Kingdom of God truly among us?

"The Kingdom of God is among you.”  (Luke 17: 21).

What did you hear and see when you accompanied Jesus, Peter, James and John to the Mountain of Transfiguration?  I saw the Apostles sleeping and suddenly a booming voice rang out and everybody was suddenly alert.  The voice of the Father said:  "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him." (Matthew 17: 5).
Jesus looking at me said: "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."  (Matthew 6: 33).

"Asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come..."  (Luke 17: 20).
The Kingdom of God is already here and now but will be ushered in its fullest splendor in the Second Coming of Jesus.
I objected that what is proclaimed as the Kingdom and as already among us and what I see with my 2 eyes does not look like a Kingdom at all.   An Angel whispered to me: "You do not apprehend the Kingdom by sight or by feeling but by Faith."  I thought for a minute and exclaimed:  "I now understand!"  I am absolutely sure the Holy Spirit is in me. I do not see Him and sometimes do not even experience His activities in me.  I know that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist but I am sometimes distracted after receiving Him.  So not by sight or feeling but by faith. Thank You Jesus.

"The LORD shall reign forever;
your God, O Zion, through all generations. Alleluia."  (Psalm 146: 10).
"But first he must suffer greatly and be rejected by this generation."  (Luke 17:  25).
Lord help us to walk by faith and not by sight or feeling.

Today is the feast of St Albert the Great:  (1206 - 1280). Dominican priest, Bishop, first class scientist, Doctor of the Church and teacher of St Thomas Aquinas.  God made Bishop St Albert great by his joining of human wisdom to divine faith.

St Albert the Great pray for us.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2