JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, November 03, 2018

Fear the Lord your God.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’  The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 
(Mark 12: 30 - 31).

Why not? Should it be very hard to love Abba Father above everything?   Treating our neighbor exactly the way you want to be treated does not appear an impossible feat.

Below is God's standard in loving us:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self - seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always  trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7).
God wants us to apply this standard to our neighbor.

When we obey God and make Him the top priority in our universe, we enjoy a full and rich life.
"Moses spoke to the people, saying:
“Fear the LORD, your God, and keep, throughout the days of your lives, all his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you, and thus have long life."  (Deuteronomy 6: 2).

Our response should be:
"I love you, O LORD, my strength, O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer."  (Psalm 18: 2 - 3).

Do not be readers but doer of the word.
"Whoever loves me will keep my word, says the Lord;
and my Father will love him and we will come to him." 
(John 14: 23).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2