JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Abba Father, I listened to Your Son.

“This is my chosen Son; listen to him.” (Luke 9: 35).

On the Second Sunday of Lent, the Gospel is the Transfiguration of the Lord by St Luke. For me, the most important message is the command of the Father: Listen to my Son Jesus. With this in mind, I combed the Scripture Readings in today's Liturgy to hear what Jesus, the Word of God says to me. I share below what I hear:

#1 "Then the Lord took Abram outside and said to him, “Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!”

And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteous because of his faith." (Genesis 15: 5 - 6).

#2 "I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD." (Psalm 27: 13 - 14).

#3 "But our citizenship is in heaven,
and from it we also await a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
He will change our lowly body to conform with his glorified body by the power that enables him also to bring all things into subjection to himself." (Philippians 3: 20 - 21).

Abba Father commanded us to listen to His beloved Son Jesus. I listened and heard three messages that will make me happy today and for a long time. How about you? What do you hear?

"Glory and praise to you, O Christ!
From the bright cloud the Father’s voice was heard: ‘This is my Son, the Beloved. Listen to him.’
Glory and praise to you, O Christ!" (Matthew 17: 5).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2