JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 22, 2019

The happy return of the prodigal.

"Coming to his senses he [the Prodigal] thought, ‘How many of my father’s hired workers have more than enough food to eat, but here am I, dying from hunger." (Luke 15: 17).

We are served with the Parable of the Prodigal Son today, Saturday in the second week of Lent. The great lesson of this parable is the Father's unfailing love and mercy towards us. St Ignatius says that it is impossible to repent from sin unless we feel strongly that the Savior is standing by us and beckoning us to approach the throne of grace and mercy with confidence. When the prodigal felt this pull in his heart, he says:

"I shall get up and go to my father and I shall say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.  I no longer deserve to be called your son; treat me as you would treat one of your hired workers." (Luke 15: 18 - 19).

We all want to be in the same place as the prodigal son at the end of Lent 2019.

"Glory and praise to you, O Christ!
I will leave this place and go to my father and say:
‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.’
Glory and praise to you, O Christ!" (Cf. Luke 15: 18).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2