JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Has faithfulness disappeared from the Church?

"Thus says the LORD:
This is what I commanded my people: Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper." (Jeremiah 7: 23).

What does Abba Father say to Peter, James and John on the Mountain of Transfiguration?
"This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" (Cf Matthew 17:5, Mark 9: 7, Luke 9: 35). This message seems to be the running theme of Lent 2019. Today, Thursday in the 3rd week of Lent 2019, the Lord pleads with us and added some sweet carrots: "Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper." (Jeremiah 7: 23).

But sad enough, the people refused to listen. "Say to them: this is the nation that does not listen to the voice of the LORD, its God, or take correction.
Faithfulness has disappeared; the word itself is banished from their speech." (Jeremiah 7: 28).

What about you brother? What about you sister?
"If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts." (Cf Psalm 95: 8).

"Praise to you, O Christ, king of eternal glory!
Now, now – it is the Lord who speaks – come back to me with all your heart, for I am all tenderness and compassion.
Praise to you, O Christ, king of eternal glory!" (Joel 2: 12 -13).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2