JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

There is plenty of work in my Vineyard.

"Why do you stand here idle all day?’  They answered, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You too go into my vineyard." (Matthew 20: 6 - 7).

Wednesday of the 20th week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Pius X, Pope (1835 - 1914). Pius X is known best for two reasons:
His vigorous defense of the Church against modern heresies and his extension of Holy Communion to young children and encouragement of frequent Communion.

The Church on earth is the seed of the Kingdom of God. In this Kingdom, there is no unemployment. There is work for everyone in the Vineyard. The Owner of the Vineyard is an equal opportunity Employer. He will be fair and generous. But do not be surprised and bitter if every worker is paid the same. Why were the late workers paid first?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways—oracle of the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55: 7 - 8).

Now the punchline:
"What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Am I not free to do as I wish with my own money?" (Matthew 20: 14 - 15).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2