JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, October 24, 2019

The good, the bad and the grace.

 "For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want.  Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.  So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand.  For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self,  but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 7: 19 - 25).

Friday of the 29th year in Ordinary Time. The Scripture verses we have for reflection may well be some of the most important in the Bible. It addresses the most agonizing problem most Christians face.

How do we free ourselves from the impulsiveness of sinful actions? How do we overcome that annoying habit of confessing the same sins over and over again? The answer given is: by the power of God's grace working through Christ Jesus. But how does this work out in practice?

I have found helpful repeating this formula again and again sometimes doing it on Rosary beads.

"JESUS I TRUST IN YOU. I SURRENDER MYSELF TO YOU. TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING."

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2