JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Speak your servant is listening.


“Speak, for your servant is listening.” (1 Samuel 3: 10).

Wednesday 15 January 2020, in the 1st week in Ordinary Time.

Samuel, the son of Hannah and the great Prophet of Israel has his first encounter with the God of Israel. Here is the epitaph of Samuel to indicate his legacy:
"Samuel grew up, and the Lord was with him, not permitting any word of his to go unfulfilled. Thus all Israel from Dan to Beer-sheba came to know that Samuel was a trustworthy prophet of the Lord." (1 Samuel 3: 19 - 20).
This is pretty strong endorsement from the Boss of Samuel. What personal qualities got Samuel to be so highly rated in the annals of Israel? The answer is in the Responsorial Psalm 40 which is known as a Messianic Psalm.

"Blessed the man who makes the Lord his trust; who turns not to idolatry or to those who stray after falsehood."...
“In the written scroll it is prescribed for me. To do your will, O my God, is my delight, and your law is within my heart!”...
I announced your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as you, O Lord, know." (Psalm 40: 8,9).

This Messianic Psalm applies to the character of Samuel. He is uncompromisingly loyal to God. He despises idolatry and falsehood. He courageously tells truth to power.
"Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will."

"The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice, says the Lord, I know them and they follow me." (John 10: 27).
O that we will hear your voice today and follow you!

Daily Bible Verse
@ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2